Friday, January 7, 2011

9 Months Old!!!

Dear Ava,

You are now 9 months old!!!!!! 3 more months to go until you are a 1 year old!

Wow have you been up to quite a bit this month...

You love saying Maaamaaaammaaaa over and over and I never ever get tired of hearing it! You have the most beautiful voice...You like to babble and go "AHHHHHHH" quite loudly. You know what you are saying, but of course we have no idea!!

You still have not crawled yet, but you roll everywhere!!!!! You are such a fast roller too. You pivot very quickly then start rolling again to where you want to go. You love to stand while I hold you, and now can sit without me having to place a pillow behind you! Yay!! You love playing with all of your toys and putting everything in your mouth. You also talk into a microphone that we have. It is so cute! You dance to music that plays by rocking back and forth to it. Also, you LOVE ELMO. Anytime we play Elmo's song (or if I sing it), or Elmo's ducks, you start rocking back and forth. When you sit in your high chair too you kick your feet...I love it!

You even cut your second tooth this month!! The first tooth was the last week of last month, and the second tooth was the first week of your 8th month! I could've sworn a top tooth would be coming though last week, but it hasn't shown itself yet! You were super cranky due to your teeth coming in. You no longer sleep through the night, and have to be cuddled with at night to fall asleep. After you fall asleep I place you in your crib, but you end up crying an hour or two later. We then go and get you and I place you on my chest to sleep. You then wiggle off to my side and snuggle up next to me. I also think it is due to the colder weather. You like a warm bed and body (mine more than daddy's)! Hopefully we aren't spoiling you and I can get you back into your bed soon. I miss being able to sleep on my tummy!

You are in size 12 month clothing, and can wear a few 18 month pieces. As of your 9 month checkup yesterday, you are 29 inches long and 21 pounds! Right on track. You are now in size 4 diapers too!
You still like eating your fruits and veggie baby food, however you still hate turkey and hate mac and cheese from a jar. Not sure if it was just a bad day, or you just totally hate it! I am still going to try though! At your 9 month appointment, Dr. Hunt approved you to have almost "free range" of food (!!!!!!). Spaghetti, Scrambled Eggs, steamed veggies...just about anything now! Oh and up to 8 oz of juice a day. I'm not sure how this is going to work as anything we try to give you off our plates you don't want. You turn your nose :). I will keep working on you though. You did have a lick of a chocolate chip cookie and seemed to like it...I know you already love juice! You especially love grape juice. I have to teach you how to drink out of a sippy cup as Dr. Hunt wants you off of it by 1 year! I'd better get started on working on it!

Last month was your first CHRISTMAS!!!!!!! And boy did you LOVE the Christmas tree!! You would roll over to it and grab a branch and shake it! You loved watching the ornaments move back and forth. You did great at opening your gifts. You loved the bows and tissue paper! Of course your toys kept you busy for hours! You ended up falling asleep on top of your feet! You rec'd many gifts from Santa! I'm so happy visited you since you were such a good little girl this year!!

For Christmas Eve, we went to your Uncle Paul and Aunt Wendy's house after church. You did ok during chuch, but it was very hot and I think you were getting quite bored. You would talk loudly and start getting a little fussy due to being hot and bored. We arrived at your Uncle's home and had a nice dinner. You enjoyed playing with your cousin Dan's drum sticks. He had a great time playing with you too. He would make you giggle and laugh! You LOVED his drumsticks! Everyone loved seeing you. Your Grandma and Grandpa D were there as well and brought you a few gifts too.

You opened up your gifts on Christmas day at your home, and loved everything! We then proceeded to your Nana and Papa's home and had Christmas there as well. You enjoyed seeing them and played so much! You unwrapped even MORE gifts and were such a good little girl! You were so pooped afterwards you slept the whole car ride home! We then came home and had a nice evening enjoying all of your new gifts from Santa and family!

On the 26th, we went to your Grandma and Grandpa D's home to open gifts from Santa and have a nice meal while visiting. You again loved each and every gift too...

Grandaddy Williams saw you a week before Christmas to give you a cute Fender guitar T-Shirt and a little dress. You didn't recognize him and cried when he held you. Maybe next time you won't be frightened! :)

I was able to be off of work for 1 and a half weeks! I enjoyed every day with you and had so much fun playing! At the end of my vacation, you did end up going to your Nana's to spend 2 whole nights away from me :(. I missed you so much!!!!! You even spent your First New Years Eve there too.

You also love clapping and you now reach your arms up in the air when you want to be picked up. You get so mad if I walk away from you when your arms are up in the air!!! Or when I take something out of your hand you are not suppose to have - WAHHHHH!!!! Oh dear :).

You also had your pictures taken for the first time at a portrait studio! You did AMAZING!!!!! And your pictures are simply gorgeous!!!!!!

So you are now 9 months old. The last month of a single digit month. I love you so much Ava Elise.


Love, Mommmmyyy

No comments:

Post a Comment