Friday, December 10, 2010

8 months old!!

Dearest Ava,

You turned 8 months old this past Saturday!

You have changed so much this past month! The months are flying by so fast, I wish they would slow down!!

Your personality has shined through! For the most part, you are a very happy baby and are always smiling. You loved lights, my camera, the remote control, and cell phones (oh no!)...

I believe you said your FIRST WORD...MAMA (7 mos). But you use it mostly when you are crying. It sounds more like....mAAAAHMAAAAH...AAAHHMMMAAAA while you are crying. You also like to say Blah Blah Blah. You make raspberries now and slobber all over yourself while doing so. You also like to watch daddy while he eats then make a chewing motion with your mouth as if you were chewing too.

Speaking of food, you are still on formula and also baby jar food. You aren't into jar food a lot of days...you'd much rather have milk! Although, you did LOVE the chocolate chip cookie I let you suck on. You thoroughly enjoyed it!! You also eat Baby Mum Mum's which are rice rusks that have a banana flavor to them. You enjoy a sip of apple cider, grape juice, and kool-aid too every once in awhile too (and always wants more)!

You are in 12 month old clothes, and still wear a size 3 diaper. We will be moving over to size 4 in the next week though! You are still in a size 2 shoe, however size 3 fits you much better as the 2 is getting small now. Your blonde locks are getting longer and thicker. I love putting bows in your hair and clips to pull your bangs out of your eyes.

At 7 months 4 weeks, you received your first tooth!! It hurt you quite a bit, but overall you did pretty well with the pain. There are many nights lately where you can't seem to get comfy in bed for either your teeth coming in or your nose getting cold, but you end up lying on top of my chest 1/2 the night! Although I shouldn't spoil you like that, I know the time with you laying so close is short so I am enjoying every moment I can!  I hate seeing that little bottom lip of yours stick out. It is so pathetic!

You haven't slept through the night ever since you started really teething. Your eyes are still closed and you start to cry, so daddy goes and gets you and you either a bottle or you fall asleep on me. I know you are in such pain dear, but you will have an amazing set of teeth soon so you can chomp (eat) the good stuff!

You attended your VERY first THANKSGIVING!! You hated the jar food Turkey and hated the Mashed Potatoes & Gravy. You actually threw the tiny bit I gave you back up after you gagged on it!! Grandma D looked very sad about the potatoes...I'm sure next year will be very different! I gave you a sip of apple cider and you loved it! You also enjoy a sip of kool-aid and grape juice every once in awhile. As for Thanksgiving, you got to see your Grandma and Grandpa Daczkowski, Uncle Paul, Aunt Wendy, Kaye, and Cousins Keller and Dan. Your other cousins Brittany and Chrissy live in IL. Nana and Papa were camping in the Hill Country, and Grandaddy Williams was in East Texas.

You also got to visit Miles and Oliver along with Auntie Rachel! Miles is a month older than you!! You had fun watching them play and are so observant!

Ava, you are such a joy to everyone and I love telling stories about you. People I work with love seeing your pictures and I love to show you off! I love you more and more everyday!

Love always and forever,

Mommy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment