Ava darling,
Today, you are 6 months old!!! You are 1/2 way to your 1 year birthday! You have grown like a beautiful blooming rose and continue to do so...
What have you been up to this past month?! Where do I begin!
Let's see, when I am changing your diaper, you love to pull my elbow into your mouth and naw on it! I love when you do this! You LOVE playing "Where's Ava" aka peek-a-boo! You giggle so much, smile and kick like crazy!!!
You are still in size 3 diapers and are wearing mostly 6-9 month outfits with a few 12 month sizes thrown in there. You still hate having your arms threaded through the holes...mommy is dreading Winter for this reason! You love wearing your tiny shoes and are entertained by sucking on your feet and watching your hands move around.
You love to grab mommy's necklace and are super fast at it too! If I am holding you while I am eating you try to grab the plate and have been successful at doing so as well.
You now sit in your high-chair after mommy put it together for you (with daddy's help at times). And....you ate rice and oatmeal cereal from a bowl sitting in it! Also, you ate jar baby carrots for the first time on Saturday 10/2 and you LOVED THEM! You strated getting ansy when I was taking too long to get another scoop! You are still drinking formula and as of today, Dr. Hunt okay'd you to have baby food 3 times a day!!!!! Wow!
You love when I sing "Wheels on the bus" and "If you're happy and you know it" and love when mommy breaks into a dance to entertain you! You also LOVE the kitties too. You squeal in delight and watch them carefully...you LOVE to talk, babble, squeal, and are very sociable. You still let anyone hold you and love when people "praise" you. You give them a beautiful smile. People always compliment on how you are such a good baby and have the most beautiful big blue eyes!! You sure do...
You still sleep in your pack-in-play and I hope to transition you soon to your crib. You enjoy your exersaucer and anything that lights up and plays music!! You went to your first wedding (Stephanie and Nathan Poteet). They have a son that is a few months younger named Colton John. He is just precious! You enjoyed the dancing and were quiet throughout the service! Not even a peep!! You love your monkey and anything that squeaks too.
You roll over back to tummy and can sit unassited. Mommy still sits by you until you can perfect it! You do baby crunches all the time and I give you plenty of tummy time so you can get nice and strong for when you feel like crawling!
Mommy loves putting little bows in your hair and Nana made some CUTE ones for you too! You love standing too and will one day be able to do it without our help!
Ava, today was your 6 month check-up! You weigh 19 lbs, and are 27 inches long! You are in the 99 percentile for both! Right on target! You got all of your shots including your first Flu shot! You cried for about 6 minutes but was calmed by your bottle. You are a trooper!
Mommy and Daddy love you and will do anything for you. Always remember that.
Love always,
Mommy :)
Note: I could not upload pics at work - will have to upload at a later time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ava's so precious! Can't wait to see more pics of her. I had to mention here that Iris LOVES "Wheels on the Bus" and "If You're Happy and You Know it" She can make all those moves, stamps her feet, claps her hands, etc. You'll get a kick out of when Ava starts doing that.
ReplyDeleteKeep singing...they really do remember this stuff!