Tuesday, September 14, 2010

5 months old!

(Posted this a little late!)

Ava darling,

You are now 5 months old and growing too fast for us to keep up!

What you have been up to lately:

You were visited by Aunt Kristin and Uncle Pete from Cincinnati, OH. They took you for one full day while I was at work to spend time with you. They took you for a walk, to Costco, and even played with Eric's doggie. You giggled when Donnie the Dog licked your feet! You loved him! You also stayed at Aunt Karen's home too while daddy and I went out to eat with Kristin and Pete. You did very well! You also met Mrs. Denise! She thought you were a doll! All of us went over to Aunt Rachel's home and we swam and spent time with Jeremias and Rachel, Kristin and Pete, and daddy. You did very well. I love you.

Ava, you also went to Oliver's second birthday party at Aunt Rachel's the next weekend.You loved watching all the kids play and fell asleep while the gifts were being opened. We swam and you even got very scared of the slinky toy dog from Toy Story. You hated that thing!! Everyone thought you were simply beautiful, which you are. You also got to see Miles again! He is getting so big too, just like you!!

We also went to Zoe and Chloe's 10th birthday party at Bedford Splash! You had so much fun! You are such a water baby!! I think we will be making lots more trips there as you get older!

Ava, you also met my Cousin Dee Ann (your 2nd cousin) and her husband Jason, daughter Katie Beth, and son Tyler from Union City, TN where I grew up as a kid. They drove down to meet you! They all loved you so very much! They thought you were adorable!

All this time, your Nana and Papa were on a long vacation on the California Coast and Oregon. They missed you dearly but brought you back some very nice gifts.

Ava, this past month, you learned to hold your feet with your hands!! Yay! We were so excited to see you accomplish this! You also have learned to roll on your side! You babble and talk and I just love listening to your voice. I have woken up a few times to you talking to someone, possibly your seahorse, and I just smile! You end up talking yourself back to sleep.

I have quit nursing as of 5 months as my supply dropped to near nothing after labor day weekend. I cherished every moment while nursing you and will miss it, but you will be just fine! You are on formula and rice cereal now. Next month we start baby food!! I can hardly believe it! I have started feeding you from a spoon (rice cereal) but we lots of practice to go as it will take awhile for you to get use to. You drink 4 oz at a time still. You went to 6 oz for a few days but then back down to 4 again. You use Medium flow Playtex Nipples and Cereal Nipples.

You are in a size 3 diaper still. I have been purchasing Luvs, Huggies, Mom to Mom ( Tom Thumb), and Costco. Pampers are just too expensive! So far I have had no leaks!

I can finally put bows in your hair besides hand bands! Yay! Your Nana made some bows too and you have been wearing them as well! You just look so cute in bows! You still hate changing clothes! Especially when I try to get your arms through the holes. You absolutely hate it! Nana has bought most of your clothes! They are so adorable! You are still in 3-6 barely, but are mainly wearing 6-9 month. Nana and I have been buying 12 month sizes to get ready for Winter!

Nana bought you your first Halloween costume! You are going to be a Bee! You look so cute in the costume! We will be taking pictures of you in it soon!

Ava, you love your bedtime baths! You could be cranky, but once I put you in your bath, you are so happy! You kick and play! It is so much fun! You still sleep through the night. You are such a good baby! How did we all get so lucky?

We are working on you sitting up, and still working on standing, and tummy time for crawling. You haven't crawled yet, but it will come soon enough!

Just this past weekend you have been sitting up on your own!!!!!!! I still sit next to you while you practice. You don't lift your hands off of your knees yet though...

I love you with all of my heart and am so glad you are in my life. You are such a beautiful little girl and I can't wait to share memories with you!

Love you to the moon and back,

Mommy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment