Tuesday, March 23, 2010

35/35...is that a *gasp* stretch mark?!?!?!

I hit the 35/35 mark yesterday...which is the last "bump" milestone before full term (37w). It means 35 weeks pregnant, 35 days to go. Well today that would be 34 days to go!

Ava is moving around mostly on my right side by my rib cage. Every once in awhile I will feel her stretch her bottom out and boy does it hurt! She must love my right side because that is where I feel any movement. I feel her hiccups almost everyday in my lower regions. She is still head down thank goodness!

Work threw me a surprise shower on St. Patrick's Day (March 17) at lunch to celebrate Ava coming into this world! We received a stroller/car seat combo that Peter and I registered for, bibs, onesies, wipes, rash cream, diaper bag, blankets, and more! I wrote out every thank you card yesterday and wow...my hand was hurting! I haven't wrote so much since high school...and I still have my family and friends shower to go!

My maternity pictures are this Saturday...I can't wait to get them done! I have to figure out what I am going to wear...time to raid my closets! I will post them after I receive them!

Over the weekend, I finally saw what *could* be a stretch mark (NOOOO!!!!)! I can't really tell though b/c it is on the lower region of my bump in which I can not see! I've tried using a mirror, however I still can't tell. I will have to wait until I see my mom or when Christy comes to take my pictures. They would be able to tell me! Peter probably wouldn't know what he was looking at lol!

I am getting more miserable everyday. There are days I have tons of energy, and days I just don't want to get out of bed. Last night was one of the worst nights I've had since...well...this past Friday! I woke up every hour on the dot to go to the bathroom for one up until 5:30. At 5am, I ended up starving in which I can not sleep if I am hungry! So I indulged into peaches, went to the bathroom again, and went to sleep only to wake up at 6:40 for work. Halfway through the night though, my right arm ended up in excrusiating pain! I sleep on my left side and when I went to move it, I couldn't...it hurt SO bad! I don't remember picking up anything heavy...my sister in law thinks *maybe* Ava is pressing up against a nerve. Makes sense b/c she favors the right side of my bump over the left. I wish I had an answer, but this also contributed to the worst night of sleep ever. So here I am today at work...worthless...I'm pooped. I know this is just a way of getting ready for Ava's arrival and there are going to be many nights where I won't get any sleep...but at least she will be worth it! Waking up every hour to run to the bathroom is irritating!

I'm thinking Ava might have "dropped"...I need to take an updated pic and compare. This might be why I was up every hour on the hour...my bump does look a little different today...hmm...

My next Dr. appt is this Friday. I will finally get my first "internal" and talk about L&D! I'm not expecting much out of the internal as far as effacing and dialating. I have a feeling I am sealed up!

Until next time...   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment