Friday, January 22, 2010

Hospital Tour

Peter and I went on the hospital tour this past Monday 1/18. I was super excited to see where Ava will spend her first moments of life!!!

We went to our regular prepared childbirth class who did the tour, but first the pediatrician came in and talked to us about choosing a pedi. Peter and I really like her and are considering choosing her as Ava's pedi. Her name is Dr. Hunt and is located in Southlake.

After the Dr. Hunt talked, we left with our class instructor to go up to the L&D floor. It is on the 2nd floor of Baylor. We toured the L&D room first...I would say it was nice, but honestly it is a room with a bed, seating, TV, and the area where they place the baby to measure her, heat her and such, and a bathroom with a shower. Then our instructor pushed this button on the wall, and down came this HUGE light that was hidden that they use when the baby is coming out. It was kinda scary seeing that big thing, but by then I won't care what is going on besides the baby coming out safely!! I was surprised at all the technology this hospital has...very impressive.

After that, we toured the recovery room where we will stay until we get the OK to leave to go home. It is much more homely than the L&D room of course lol! Nice bathroom, hospital bed, couch, lots of seating, TV, WiFi, bathroom and such...it'll do!

After the recovery room, we got to go to the nursery!! Yay! My FAVORITE part. There were 4 newborns sleeping away. So precious. I could stand there and watch them sleep forever!

She went over the visiting hours which are basically anytime except between 2-4pm which is bonding time with the baby and mom and dad. I forgot what they called it exactly, but I think it is a great idea so that way we can have "alone" time with Ava. We also toured the C-Section prep room. This room made me nervous. I pray I don't have to have one, but anything for my daughter to be born alive and healthy.

Other than that, it was a great tour and I was so excited that I finally got to see where we will be! It made me wish for April to hurry up and get here faster!!

No comments:

Post a Comment