
On January 14th, I went in for my 25 week 3 day check-up. It was also time for my wonderful Glucose Tolerant test for Gestational Diabetes. I have heard good and bad things about the flat orange drink I would have to drink, however I didn't think it would be as bad as it was!
When Peter and I first got there, I weighed in at 152 lbs. Up 4 lbs from my 21w3d appointment and a total of 8 lbs! Doesn't seem like much compared to a lot of other ladies on my community (thebump.com), but my mom said she didn't gain too much either. Dr. F is not worried at all and said I should keep gaining a lb a week!
She gave me the wonderful Glucose drink to start "chugging". I saw her pull it from the cabinet and thought "crap it is room temperature!". I'm not a good room temperature drinking kinda person. So I thought "well it can't be that bad, right?" Wrong. I gagged trying to drink it with in 5 minutes! BLEH!!!! Luckily I finished it right on time, but it did make me quite queasy.
Dr. F came in and listened to Ava's heartbeat and said she sounded great. I asked her if she could tell which way Ava was positioned since I have been feeling very low movement. She felt around and could tell where her arm was, head, and legs. Dr. F said she is breech but isn't worried as babies at 25 weeks are still able to flip around. All went well and I will be back February 11th for my next check-up! I will be 29w3d and after that I will start seeing Dr. F every 2 weeks!
I do not have my GT test results in yet...I am praying I pass so I don't have to go through a 3 hour test!!
*****************************
We are having our hospital tour tonight! I am so excited! It will be nice to see where I will be when Ava is brought into this world. Peter and I are also on snack duty so we will be bringing a veggie tray, and fruits (apples and pineapple!).
*****************************
I am 26 weeks today! I can't believe I am almost in my 3rd trimester!
My good friend Rachel and my mom are planning my baby shower that will be held on April 3rd! I will be about 37 weeks or so. It seems kind of late, however she has a scheduled induction for her 2nd son March 9th and needs a few weeks to re coop. I'm not sure what the details are as they are leaving me out of it! Most of it will be a surprise I think. I gave them my invite list and that is all they have asked of me which is fine with me :)!!
******************************
My mom and I went out to eat today for lunch and she gave me a few boxes of my baby things like blankets, dresses and such. I can't wait to go through them to see what goodies are in there!
She even gave me my coming home outfit that I came home in from the hospital! It is so precious! It is pink and white with a white bonnet. So tiny too! I was 6 lbs 15 oz and my mom said it was big on me...I must have been pretty tiny, yet I was full term...My brother also was a 6 lb baby and so was Peter. I hope Ava is 6 lbs! There are so many 9 lb babies I hear of! Yikes! Anyways, my mom also gave me at Christmas my baby ring, baby bracelet, and baby booties (also that I wore home from the hospital).
********************************
I hope to post an updated bump pic in the next few days! I've gotten lazy ;).

No comments:
Post a Comment