Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Name drama with MIL

Peter, me and his mom and dad went out to Braums a few months ago and we were on the subject of names (way before we knew the gender). She threw out Mary Elise. I was like ehh it's ok and figured she was just throwing it out there as a suggestion. Fast forward to earlier this week when Peter called to tell his mom that he loves the name Ava all though we aren't set on it yet...she told Peter that she didn't really care for the name Ava. Peter's sister talks to his mom the next day and tells Peter's sister that she doesn't care for Ava and that Peter and I should name her Mary Elise. Beth (Peter's sister) told her mom that Mary is an old name and there is no way we would name our daughter Mary (which is true). Then her mom proceeded to tell Beth to try and talk Peter and I into naming our daughter Mary. Beth finally got the point across about Mary...then she threw out the name Molly..."Aunt Pat always wanted a Molly in the family". What? Aunt Pat? Just b/c Aunt Pat like the name Molly she is now wanting us to call our daughter Molly? Gesh. So again Beth told her no way that would happen. Beth called us that night and let us know what his mom said (lol). The next day, Peter got a call from his mom apologizing and saying she does like the name Ava...too funny.

We do not have the name set in stone (at least on my end!). Peter is set on Ava...I like it too, but I don't want to get tired of it...I guess I am keeping my options open lol. So if I agree in the end, her name will be Ava Elise Isabella. But we shall see ;).

2 comments:

  1. Every time I was pregnant my mother would tell me that I needed to name my baby Jamie after her dad Jameson. I never did. She was always mad. After about a month of having Jamie rammed down our throat we decided not to tell anyone what the baby's name would be. I remember being in the hospital with Jaley my 4th child and my mother being mad because I hadn't named her Jamie. I finally said if you like Jamie so much why didn't you name 1 of your 6 kids Jamie! Don't let the drama get to you. You and Peter do what is best for you and no one else. Ava is adorable.

    ReplyDelete