Tuesday, December 22, 2009

We felt her from the outside!

Sunday night, December 20, 2009 we felt our little girl move from the outside! Peter was actually the first to feel her before me! He had his hand on my stomach and not 2 seconds later I felt it from the inside the same time he felt it from the outside...we were both like - "What was that??". We concluded it was our baby. She wanted to say hello. I then placed my hand on my stomach and asked her to do it again so mommy can feel and she did it again. Amazing...last night I also felt her move from the outside and saw my stomach area move like a little poke. Peter wasn't looking at the time a missed it. It was so neat to experience. I can't wait to hold her!

I am starting the nursery this next week. My mom is bringing over the carpet cleaner and I am cleaning the carpets, washing the walls, cleaning the fan, and wiping down the window. Then Peter will help me put together the crib, and bolt the bookshelf to the wall. Also, the glider will have a place too. We are still on the lookout for a dresser/changing table. We will probably start looking in the next few weeks. Also on my list is to clean out the fridge and wipe it down, and pack up some of the margarita and wine glasses that never get used. That way we can have room for bottles!

There is so much to do in the 18 weeks left (or sooner!). We also have to register. I have sent out e-mails on Facebook to gather addresses to invite to our shower. Our shower is being thrown by a good friend of mine, Rachel, whom I have known since 5th grade. She is such an amazing person and is also pregnant with her 2nd son. I am so blessed to have her in my life. She has plenty of embarrassing stories to tell my daughter one day lol!

Well I need to get back to work, so I will sign-off for now...

Cara :)

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing experience, isn't it?! I think it's funny to watch my belly move too - she likes to play hide and go seek - she doesn't kick again when we want her to - she already has a mind of her own! Haha! Enjoy the next few weeks - she will be very active in there!

    ReplyDelete