Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I'm Pregnant!!!

On Sunday August16th, we were attending a family get-together since Dan (our 20yo nephew) was in town. At every family gathering, there are Margarita and Wine (Beer for the boys) that is usually passed around.

Since Peter and I were trying to GP (get preg) I thought "well today (Sunday) would be 2 weeks...I should test just in case". I didn't want to drink if it turned up with 2 lines! I thought more than likely it will come up negative. I took my dollar tree test, sat it down and continued to get ready for the day. I picked it up a few minutes later and I saw a VERY VERY faint line. A line is a line, right? Right! I didn't tell Peter yet since I wanted to do something special for him. Cramps started this day, sore chest started a few days before Sunday.

I called my friend Rachel I have known since 5th grade and told her the great news! She was ecstatic! She too is pregnant but with her 2nd and is due March 9th. The reason why I called her was b/c she knew we were trying and I wanted to drive by her home and show her my stick to see what she thought! I went by on the way to my mom's house and showed her. She said yep that is a line!!

That evening at my brother-in-law's house I asked for water first saying I was really thirsty for water! Then my MIL (mother in law) asked if I wanted a glass of wine. I was like, no not at the moment but maybe later!

I changed into my swimsuit and headed to the pool with my SIL Wendy (sister in law). Wendy is usually the "bartender" and I told her I may be pg. She was so happy for me! I asked her to make me a virgin margarita so it looks "normal". She did and no one knew! ha!

I hated not telling Peter first, but he needed to hear it at a special time from me...which will be tonight! hehehehe!

Yesterday, Monday, I took another dollar tree test and the line was slightly darker...yes! Still didn't set in yet. Couldn't get much sleep b/c I was thinking about it! More cramps, headache, hungry yet didn't eat as much as I usually do.

Today! Well I took a First response AND a dollar tree test and both were dark lines! YAY!! I called the OB office and made an appt for Sept 25th at 8am for a sonogram! Tonight - I tell Peter and we will call his sister and our BIL (brother in law) Terry in Chicago!

My mom is in Canada and won't be able to tell her in person for 2 more weeks! Peter's parents will probably be told Saturday IF Peter can hold out...

No comments:

Post a Comment